SoftMAX™ Water Softener
Environmentally Friendly The SoftMAX fully-automated system measures exactly how much water is flowing through the system and only regenerates when needed, providing a water and salt efficiency improvement of more than 40% over industry standard softeners. Additionally, the system has low energy requirements of only 12-VAC resulting in annual electricity costs typically less than $2 per year to operate.
Cost Effective The softmax is proven to save you money by improving your hot water heater efficiency by up to 30%. it will also allow you to cut down on soap and cleaning supply use by up to 50%. And, just as important, it increases the lifespan of your dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, coffee maker, water heater, and other water using appliances.
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards The SoftMAX is made entirely of components that are certified to NSF/ANSI Standards for material durability and safety.
Stands up to hard water and high expectations.Our superior water softener eliminates hardness and iron/manganese, while improving your home’s water efficiency by up to 40%. Soft water means cleaner laundry, more cleaning power from household soaps, less cleaning and a cleaner conscience. For more information on SoftMAX, click on our diagram to see how it works, or download the SoftMAX Brochure .
Environmentally friendlyThe SoftMAX is fully-automated and measures exactly how much water is flowing through the system, regenerating only when needed. This provides a water efficiency improvement of more than 40% over industry standard softeners. With low, safe energy requirements of only 12-VAC, using less than $2 per year of electricity, the SoftMAX is not only efficient, but a great cost-effective option for your home.
Cost effectiveSoftMAX is proven to save you money by improving hot water heater efficiency by up to 30%. You can also cut down on soap and cleaning supply use by up to 50%. It also protects the life of your dishwasher, coffee maker and other appliances that use water.
Great valueCommercial-grade components provide long-lasting durability, while the fully-programmable valve lets you adjust the system to meet your specific water softening needs. The SoftMAX fits your life and your budget.
Impressive soft waterThe reliable SoftMAX with high-quality softening resin ensures all the benefits of soft water, including spot-free dishes, cleaner laundry, softer skin, better performing water fixtures and longer-lasting appliances. BACK TO TOP
Soft water means more satisfaction.Our superior water softener features the industry’s best components, giving you long-lasting performance year after year. Our SoftMAX models can meet any of your softening needs.
- Spot-free dishes
- Easier cleaning ability
- Cleaner laundry
- Softer skin
- Less soap and cleaning products can be used
- Better looking faucets and fixtures with no scale buildup
- Longer lasting appliances
- Improve energy efficiency
Get soft water the more efficient way.
- Fully-automated electronic metered control valve that is 40% more water efficient than the competition.
- Whole-house solution engineered with fewer moving parts for less maintenance.
- Anticipates water usage to ensure you have great water whenever you need it.
- User-friendly programming and intuitive LCD display.
- Advanced programming and service diagnostic features built in.
- Integrated PC chip with Ultra-High-Efficiency (UHE) programming for maximum salt and water conservation.
- High quality 8% cross-link softening resin.
- Low energy requirements of only 12-VAC, which means typical annual electricity costs of less than $2 per year.
- Available in a variety of sizes and configurations to meet specific needs.
- Built to last with commercial-grade, corrosion-resistant components.
- Components certified to NSF/ANSI Standards 44 and/or 61.
How it Works
- Untreated water flows through water softening resins.
- Resins soften water by reducing calcium and magnesium in water.
- Soft water enters your home, providing cleaner laundry, softer skin, easier cleaning, as well as soap, energy, and appliance savings.
- The system uses a salt (brine) solution to clean and recharge the resin, while releasing hardness down the drain.
SOFTMAX™Our superior water softener features the industry’s best components giving you long-lasting performance year after year. For more information, please see the SoftMAX Brochure.
SOFTMAX™ CABINETDelivering the same superior performance in a small footprint for applications where space is a factor. For more information, please see the SoftMAX Brochure.
SOFTMAX™ DualDelivering the same superior performance, this water softener has dual alternating tanks that provides a never-ending supply of soft water 24/7/365. For more information, please see the SoftMAX Brochure.
Taking Care of Your SystemFor more information, please see our SoftMAX Owner’s Manual.
Product Introduction Videos
What to Know Before InstallingThe SoftMAX should be installed into the existing cold water line before the water heater and before any cold water outlet that requires treatment. Outside faucets and automatic sprinkler systems used for lawn and garden watering should not be using treated water. State and local regulations should be checked regarding plumbing, electrical connections and placement of system. This system should not be exposed to temperatures below 40° F or above 110° F.
- WaterTech recommends potassium chloride pellets to enjoy the maximum benefit of your SoftMAX, but the system will function properly with salt pellets as well.
- Do not water plants or grass with conditioned or softened water.
- Do not use conditioned or softened water for aquatic tanks or swimming pools.
- Do not hang or stack items on your equipment. This may cause an equipment imbalance or put a strain on plumbing and electrical connections.
- Your system has been factory and field programmed specifically for your application. Do not make any changes to your system programming except the time clock settings when necessary.
Get To Know Your System
- REDUCE SOAP USE – With hardness minerals removed from your water, you will immediately notice more suds when cleaning or bathing. You can decrease the amount of soaps and detergents you use by 50% or more.
- USE POTASSIUM CHLORIDE OR SODIUM PELLETS – Although potassium chloride pellets are recommended, this system also functions properly with sodium chloride pellets. Purchase and use only sodium or potassium chloride pellets specifically designated for use with water softeners. These may be purchased from an Authorized WaterTech Dealer or most grocery and home improvement stores.
- MONITOR YOUR SALT OR BRINE TANK MONTHLY – The salt or brine tank should be checked and monitored monthly. For sufficient softening, keep the salt tank at least one quarter full of salt at all times to maintain optimum efficiency, but do not overfill. Salt levels should be maintained at a minimum of 3-4 inches above the water level, but not more than 6 inches below the top rim. Before adding new salt to the brine tank, loosen any encrusted salt that may be adhering to the perimeter of the salt keeper and make sure any large pieces are broken up or removed.
- TURNING OFF THE SYSTEM – In the event of an emergency or for system servicing, you can prevent water from flowing through the system by turning the two red arrow nobs on the back of the valve directly towards each other. For water shutoff mode or other options and detailed diagrams, visit the Owner’s Manual.
- SETTING THE CLOCK – For extended power outages (clock flashes) or daylight savings time change, the clock can easily be reset. Press the “SET CLOCK” button, then press the UP or DOWN arrow to adjust clock (AM/PM toggles after 12). Press “NEXT”, then adjust the minutes with the UP or DOWN arrows. Press “NEXT” to exit setup. For more detailed instructions and pictures, view the Owner’s Manual.
WaterTech confidently stands behind its water treatment products. The quality of your water is important to you, and confidence that you’ve made a good decision in water products is important to us. In fact, we’re so confident in our products that we offer one of the strongest warranties in the industry.