REIONATOR® Water Softener System
Environmentally Friendly The Reionator’s fully-automated system measures exactly how much water is flowing through the system and only regenerates when needed, providing a water and salt efficiency improvement of more than 40% over industry standard softeners. Additionally, the system has low energy requirements of only 12-VAC resulting in annual electricity costs typically less than $2 per year to operate.
Cost Effective The Reionator is proven to save you money by improving your hot water heater efficiency by up to 30%. It will also allow you to cut down on soap and cleaning supply use by up to 50%. And, just as important, it increases the lifespan of your dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, coffee maker, water heater, and other water using appliances.
Proprietary Multi-Resin Technology Unique multi-resin technology allows the Reionator to do much more than a typical water softener. In addition to hardness and iron, the Reionator also reduces or removes chlorine, sulfates, nitrates and the slippery feel often associated with softened water.
Reduces Chlorine Taste and Odor The Reionator’s proprietary multi-resin mixture reduces chlorine taste and odor without the need for costly media or filter replacements. Your beverages and ice will consistently taste better.
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards Many water softener manufacturers use certified components, but their complete systems are not certified. The Reionator water conditioning system has been tested and uniquely certified to both NSF/ANSI Standards 42 & 44 for chlorine removal and softening efficiency. In other words, it has been tested and certified to do what we say it will do.
Strong Limited lifetime Warranty The Reiontor offers the strongest warranty in the industry covering the tanks, valve, electronics and even the media – virtually unheard of in the industry. That’s our confidence and pride in our products speaking!
Extraordinary water begins here.Our innovative and proprietary technology goes way beyond softening water. This proven multi-resin process also removes chlorine taste and odor while reducing that slippery feel often associated with softened water. It does all this without the need for costly filter changes, creating the ultimate quality water. And that’s just the beginning of why the Reionator is so extraordinary. For more information on the Reionator, click on our diagram to see how it works,
The Ultimate in Soft WaterFor the absolute best water softening experience, look to the Reionator’s superior softening resin to deliver all the benefits of soft water including scale-free dishes, cleaner laundry, softer skin, better performing water fixtures and longer lasting appliances.
Proprietary Multi-Resin TechnologyOur unique resin mixture allows the Reionator to do much more than a typical water softener. In addition to eliminating hardness and iron, the Reionator also removes or reduces chlorine, lead, sulfates and nitrates.
Improves Taste and OdorThe Reionator removes chlorine taste and odor without the expense of routine filter replacement, making your beverages and ice consistently taste better.
Reduces Slippery FeelTypical water softeners often leave a slippery feel on your skin. The Reionator’s unique process reduces the slippery feel, leaving your skin soft and refreshed.
Soft water makes smart financial sense.
Cost EffectiveProven to improve your hot water heater efficiency by up to 30%, cut down on soap and cleaning product use by up to 50% and also protect the life of your appliances that circulate water.
Environmentally FriendlyThe fully-automated system measures exactly how much water is flowing through the system and only regenerates when needed, providing a water and salt efficiency improvement of more than 40% over industry-standard softeners.
Only the Best Materials and ComponentsWhen only the best materials and components will do, the Reionator will exceed your expectations with the highest quality materials and best-in-industry resin for ultimate durability.
Leading the industry in every way.
Unparalleled Limited Lifetime WarrantyWe’re so confident the Reionator will perform for years to come that we offer one of the strongest warranties in the industry covering the valve, tanks, resins and electronics.
Third Party VerifiedMany water softener manufacturers use certified components in their systems, but often the entire system as a whole is not certified. The entire Reionator® water conditioner system and its internal parts have been certified by IAPMO R&T, and it carries the renowned UPC symbol certifying that the system meets or exceeds both NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 44 for chlorine reduction and softening efficiency, ensuring this is the best product on the market, giving you true peace of mind. BACK TO TOP
The Reionator® rules. Get soft water the more efficient way.
- Better tasting water, drinks and ice
- Spot-free dishes
- Easier cleaning ability
- Cleaner laundry
- Softer skin
- Use less soap and cleaning products
- Reduces slippery feel
- Better looking faucets and fixtures with no scale buildup
- Longer lasting appliances
- Improves energy efficiency
- Proprietary multi-resin technology eliminates the need for costly routine media replacements such as carbon or kdf
- Best-in-industry 10% cross-link softening resin
- Compared to the majority of softeners on the market that use 6% or 8% resin, our choice to use 10% resin nearly doubles the lifespan capacity resulting in a long-lasting water softening system you can count on
- Entire system IAPMO R&T certified NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 44
- Fully automated electronic metered control valve that is 40% more water efficient than the competition
- Control valve anticipates water usage to ensure you have great water whenever you need it
- User-friendly programming and intuitive LCD display
- Advanced programming and service diagnostic features built in
- Integrated PC chip with Ultra-High-Efficiency (UHE) programming for maximum salt and water conservation
- Whole house solution engineered with fewer moving parts for less maintenance
- Low energy requirements of only 12-VAC, which means typical annual electricity costs of less than $2 per year
- Available in a variety of sizes and configurations to meet specific needs
- Built to last with commercial-grade, corrosion-resistant components.
How It Works
- Untreated water flows through positive and negative resins.
- Positively charged resins reduce aesthetic chlorine taste and odor.
- Negatively charged resins soften water by reducing calcium and magnesium.
- Conditioned water enters your home.
- The system uses a salt (brine) solution that recharges the resins and releases hardness down the drain.
The Reionator Difference
|Reduces Ferrous Iron|
|Reduces Slippery Feeling|
|Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|IAPMO R&T Certified|
REIONATOR® PLATINUMThis superior water conditioning system has thought of everything. From water softening to chlorine removal, the Reionator Platinum delivers the ultimate in water quality, and its beautiful design fits seamlessly into your home. For more information, please see the Reionator Brochure.
REIONATOR® CLASSICOur most popular Reionator provides your household with all of the water treatment advantages of a Reionator while also providing incredible value. For more information, please see our Reionator Brochure.
REIONATOR® FUSIONOur all-in-one model gives you everything a Reionator can do with sleek styling and space efficient design. For more information, please see our Reionator Brochure.
REIONATOR® DUALThis Reionator model is equipped with two alternating tanks to make sure you have exceptional water 24/7/365. For more information, please see our Reionator Brochure.
Taking Care of Your System
DownloadsFor more information, please see our Reionator Owner’s Manual.
Product Introduction Videos
What to Know Before InstallingThe Reionator should be installed into the existing cold water line before the water heater and before any cold water outlet that requires treatment. Outside faucets and automatic sprinkler systems used for lawn and garden watering should not use treated water. State and local regulations should be checked regarding plumbing, electrical connections and placement of system. This system should not be exposed to temperatures below 40° F or above 110° F.
- Do not water plants or grass with conditioned or softened water.
- Do not use conditioned or softened water for aquatic tanks or swimming pools.
- Do not hang or stack items on your equipment. This may cause an equipment imbalance or put a strain on plumbing and electrical connections.
- Your system has been factory and field programmed specifically for your application. Do not make any changes to your system programming except the clock settings when necessary.
Get To Know Your System
- REDUCE SOAP USE – With hardness minerals removed from your water, you will immediately notice more suds when cleaning or bathing. You can decrease the amount of soaps and detergents you use by 50% or more.
- USE POTASSIUM CHLORIDE OR SODIUM PELLETS – Although potassium chloride pellets are recommended, this system also functions properly with sodium chloride pellets. Purchase and use only sodium or potassium chloride pellets specifically designated for use with water softeners. These may be purchased from an Authorized WaterTech Dealer or most grocery and home improvement stores.
- WHEN TO ADD PELLETS – The salt or brine tank should be checked and monitored monthly. For sufficient softening, keep the salt tank at least one quarter full of salt at all times to maintain optimum efficiency, but do not overfill. Salt levels should be maintained at a minimum of 3-4 inches above the water level, but not more than 6 inches below the top rim. Before adding new salt to the brine tank, loosen any encrusted salt that may be adhering to the perimeter of the salt keeper and make sure any large pieces are broken up or removed.
- TURNING OFF THE SYSTEM – In the event of an emergency or for system servicing, you can prevent water from flowing through the system by turning the two red arrow nobs on the back of the valve directly towards each other. For water shutoff mode or other options and detailed diagrams, visit the Owner’s Manual.
- SETTING THE CLOCK – For extended power outages (clock flashes) or daylight savings time change, the clock can easily be reset. Press the “SET CLOCK” button, then press the UP or DOWN arrow to adjust clock (AM/PM toggles after 12). Press “NEXT”, then adjust the minutes with the UP or DOWN arrows. Press “NEXT” to exit setup. For more detailed instructions and pictures, view the Owner’s Manual.