SoftMAX Pro™ Water Softener
Environmentally Friendly The SoftMAX fully-automated system measures exactly how much water is flowing through the system and only regenerates when needed, providing a water and salt efficiency improvement of more than 40% over industry standard softeners. Additionally, the system has low energy requirements of only 12-VAC resulting in annual electricity costs typically less than $2 per year to operate.
Cost Effective The softmax is proven to save you money by improving your hot water heater efficiency by up to 30%. it will also allow you to cut down on soap and cleaning supply use by up to 50%. And, just as important, it increases the lifespan of your dishwasher, water heater, washing machine, coffee maker, water heater, and other water using appliances.
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards The SoftMAX is made entirely of components that are certified to NSF/ANSI Standards for material durability and safety.
SOFTEN YOUR WATER. ENHANCE YOUR LIFE.Those who have upgraded will tell you, life is just better with soft water. Cleaner laundry, cleaner bathrooms and a cleaner life. You won’t know how you lived before the SoftMAX Pro™! For more information on the SoftMAX Pr™o, please see our diagram to see how it works
Water That Enhances Your LifeImprove your life with softer water. SoftMAX Pro™ maximizes the incredible benefits of soft water, including spot-free dishes, cleaner laundry, softer skin, better-performing water fixtures and longer-lasting appliances. All from one simple addition to your home!
Remove Harsh CalciumHard water — full of calcium and other rocky minerals — pummels your appliances and fixtures with every use. Worse yet, the minerals aggregate over time and congest your plumbing and appliances like clogged arteries. It’s time that you fix the problem at the source: your water. With the SoftMAX Pro, enjoy the peace of mind knowing your investment will protect your appliances and plumbing for the long term.
Cleaning Made EasyCleaning your home with hard water is a pain. It makes you use more soap to get something clean. It leaves spots and streaks. And you have to spend more of your time than you’d like, without ever reaching that sparkling clean you see in commercials. The problem is your water. Hard water makes cleaning impossible. It’s time you upgraded to the SoftMAX Pro, which will make cleaning and polishing a breeze.
BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.
Innovative AquaHelix™ TechnologyThe SoftMAX Pro™ system uses AquaHelix technology coupled with the Triton water softening smart valve, the world’s most innovative and efficient universal distribution system for water treatment systems. The innovative AquaHelix system takes efficiency to the next level. Because the SoftMAX Pro™ only regenerates when necessary, it achieves greater energy, water and salt efficiency than industry standard softeners — up to 40% more efficient — which means you can enjoy the benefits of soft water comfortably. You’ll be reducing your impact on the Earth as your water usage decreases.
RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT.The SoftMAX Pro™ can improve your hot water heater efficiency by up to 30% — think about the annual savings! Plus, the softer water allows you to cut down on soap and cleaning product use by as much as 50% and protect the life of your appliances that use water.* *Batelle Study
Made in AmericaWhen you purchase a WaterTech SoftMAX Pro, you’re supporting the American economy. Our products are hand-built by our own craftsmen in our Texas factory using the very best components and techniques in the industry.
Exceptional Water, Exceptional ServiceAfter decades of improving America’s water, we know that there’s more to it than just making an excellent product. You also need a trusted local expert who you can rely on. We only work with licensed home service professionals who are committed to our shared values of integrity, transparency and old-fashioned American hard work. We only work with the best. In fact, we carefully vet and train all of our WaterTech dealers and their staff to ensure that you will have the peace of mind from a job done right. BACK TO TOP
LIFE JUST GOT BETTER.
- Spot-free dishes
- Easier cleaning ability
- Cleaner laundry
- Softer skin
- Glassware longevity
- Saving money
- Saving time
- Less soap and cleaning products can be used
- Better-looking faucets and fixtures with no scale buildup
- Longer-lasting appliances
- Improve energy efficiency
The latest innovation in water softening technologies. Life is just easier with soft water. Cleaner laundry, cleaner bathrooms and a cleaner life. You won’t know how you lived before the SoftMAX Pro! For more information on SoftMAX Pro, please see the SoftMAX Pro Brochure. The SoftMAX Pro comes in three sizes to meet the flow and water conditioning needs of your individual household.
Taking Care of Your SystemFor more information, please see our SoftMAX Pro Owner’s Manual.
Product Introduction Videos
What to Know Before InstallingThe SoftMAX Pro should be installed into the existing cold water line before the water heater and before any cold water outlet that requires treatment. Outside faucets and automatic sprinkler systems used for lawn and garden watering should not be using treated water. State and local regulations should be checked regarding plumbing, electrical connections and placement of system. This system should not be exposed to temperatures below 40° F or above 110° F.
- WaterTech recommends potassium chloride pellets to enjoy the maximum benefit of your SoftMAX Pro, but the system will function properly with salt pellets as well.
- Do not water plants or grass with conditioned or softened water.
- Do not use conditioned or softened water for aquatic tanks or swimming pools.
- Do not hang or stack items on your equipment. This may cause an equipment imbalance or put a strain on plumbing and electrical connections.
- Your system has been factory and field programmed specifically for your application. Do not make any changes to your system programming except the time clock settings when necessary.
Get To Know Your System
- REDUCE SOAP USE – With hardness minerals removed from your water, you will immediately notice more suds when cleaning or bathing. You can decrease the amount of soaps and detergents you use by 50% or more.
- USE POTASSIUM CHLORIDE OR SODIUM PELLETS – Although potassium chloride pellets are recommended, this system also functions properly with sodium chloride pellets. Purchase and use only sodium or potassium chloride pellets specifically designated for use with water softeners. These may be purchased from an Authorized WaterTech Dealer or most grocery and home improvement stores.
- MONITOR YOUR SALT OR BRINE TANK MONTHLY – The salt or brine tank should be checked and monitored monthly. For sufficient softening, keep the salt tank at least one quarter full of salt at all times to maintain optimum efficiency, but do not overfill. Salt levels should be maintained at a minimum of 3-4 inches above the water level, but not more than 6 inches below the top rim. Before adding new salt to the brine tank, loosen any encrusted salt that may be adhering to the perimeter of the salt keeper and make sure any large pieces are broken up or removed.
- TURNING OFF THE SYSTEM – In the event of an emergency or for system servicing, you can prevent water from flowing through the system by turning the two red arrow nobs on the back of the valve directly towards each other. For water shutoff mode or other options and detailed diagrams, visit the Owner’s Manual.
- SETTING THE CLOCK – For extended power outages (clock flashes) or daylight savings time change, the clock can easily be reset. Press the “SET CLOCK” button, then press the UP or DOWN arrow to adjust clock (AM/PM toggles after 12). Press “NEXT”, then adjust the minutes with the UP or DOWN arrows. Press “NEXT” to exit setup. For more detailed instructions and pictures, view the Owner’s Manual.
WaterTech confidently stands behind its water treatment products. The quality of your water is important to you, and confidence that you’ve made a good decision in water products is important to us. In fact, we’re so confident in our products that we offer one of the strongest warranties in the industry.